Classic Deviled EggsPicture compliments of the thousands already on the www. Who doesn't like to pop in a devilled egg or two during dinner or just because you opened the refrigerator door and didn't know what you wanted. I like the recipe listed on the Jamie cooks it up family freindly recipes. Please visit them at http://jamiecooksitup.net/2012/03/classic-deviled-eggs/
Ingredients for 14:
· 7 hard-boiled eggs
· 3 T mayonnaise (I use Best Foods Light)
· 2 T salad dressing (I use Miracle Whip Light)
· 2 t honey mustard
· 1 T sweet pickle relish (optional)
· Salt and Pepper to taste
· Paprika or Smoked Paprika, either one is fine
1. Hard boil, and then peel yourself 7 eggs.
2. Slice your eggs in half with a knife.
3. Carefully pull out the cooked yolks and toss them into a medium sized mixing bowl.
4. Add 3 tablespoon of mayonnaise (that's the Best Foods) and 2 tablespoons of salad dressing (yes, you guessed it. The Miracle Whip). Now, you may be wondering why I have used both of these instead of just one. They have very different tastes. The Best Foods has a really smooth, creamy taste, and the Miracle Whip has a slightly sweet, zippy taste. The combination of the two gives you the best of both creamy and zippy.
5. To your bowl add 2 teaspoons honey mustard, a little bit of salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon pickle relish, if you have opted to use it.
6. Mix all ingredients together with a fork, smashing the egg yolks as you go.
7. Scoop the filling into the eggs and sprinkle them with paprika. I have confessed several times recently about how much I love Smoked Paprika. Ah, the sweet smokey sent of it is fabulous. If you don't have any, no worries. Just use regular paprika, or don't use paprika at all. What ever suits your fancy. :)
8. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and store them in the fridge until you are ready to serve.