Thursday, December 20, 2012


Banana Nut Bread
I always loved when Mom was cooling off the freshly made loaf of Banana bread, I knew I was going to get all I wanted smothered with creamy butter. I am older (quite a bit) and have cut down a little on the butter but I will never give up home baked breads like this one. This is my favorite recipe; it's from the "What's Cooking America web site. The bread picture above is also courtesy from their web site. Please visit them using this link:
I wonder how this will taste using a gluten free flour. I will post it when I know it. Stay tuned Land Lubbers.

Ingredients:
 
·         1/2 cup butter or margarine

·         1 cup sugar

·         2 eggs

·         2 cups sifted flour

·         1 teaspoon baking soda

·         1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder

·         1/2 teaspoon salt

·         1 cup bananas (approx. 3)

·         1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts

Preparation:
Cream butter and sugar thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas. Fold in nuts. Pour into greased bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool thoroughly before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment